Hollywood Xpo has now come and gone, but will be filled with wonderful lasting memories. With over 130 guests we only had three or four guests that could not appear due to last minute schedule conflicts or travel issues. On that same note, we had a few last minute guests that we did not feature on the website such as Carel Struycken, Dan Haggerty, Cristine Rose and others. Some highlights of Hollywood Xpo were our Heroes panel on Friday, Hollywood Legacy awards on Friday night, Stan Lee and Elvira on Saturday, and great stage appearances from Robert Duncan McNeill, John Billingsley and many more on Sunday.
In all, Hollywood Xpo was a blast and several patrons and guests alike have sent us many positive comments. We need to thank so many people who helped make this happen:
- All our Celebrity guests who appeared and were a delight to have.
- Our showrunner, my fellow organizers and all the volunteers who helped not only putting this convention together, but were very kind and courteous to our patrons and guests alike.
- Eric and Marilyn from Sirius Retro Radio who helped us not only promote the event, but brought in several celebrity entertainers to make Hollywood Xpo even that much better!
- All of our sponsors. Please visit our sponsor page and check them out!
- All of our wonderful exhibitors, vendors and artists who had tables at our event.
- The Hilton hotel and its polite staff.
- ..And MOST of all, our patrons who attended Hollywood Xpo. We could not have done it without you!!!
Thanks to anyone else I forgot to add above. Hollywood Xpo 2010 was a great event and we hope to see all of you at our next event!!
- Tom Moore , Co-Organizer and Webmaster
If you would like to make comment, please check out our Facebook page.
Enjoy this video provided by our friends Eric and Marilyn at Retro Radio.
Hollywood VIP Reception - Friday Night, 6:00 pm
Hollywood Xpo's Vip Reception is a once in a lifetime opportunity to wine, dine or just hang out with several of our celebrity guests such as Buzz Aldrin, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Alan Ruck, Tim Russ and many more. Do not miss this great event!
Hollywood Xpo Stars Night Out and
You are invited to join us and be a star for a night at Hollywood Xpo’s Stars Night Out -- enjoy a fabulous dinner, memorable entertainment and the presentation of the first annual Hollywood Legacy Awards to Buzz Aldrinand Nichelle Nichols!
Stars Night Out will be emceed by Walter Koenig and will feature a cavalcade of entertainment including performances by many of your favorite Hollywood Xpo celebrities. It’s a special evening that will be talked about for years to come, so don’t miss out!
The Hollywood Legacy Awards were created to honor icons who have positively contributed to the richness and betterment of humanity through the popular arts, film, television, music and literature. The Hollywood Legacy Awards is the successor of Planet Xpo's Star Trek Legacy Awards, saluting those individuals who have made a significant contribution toward creating a future worth living. Previous recipients of the Star Trek Legacy Awards are Dr. Martin Cooper, the father of portable telephony; Dr. Mae Jemison, the first woman of color to go into space; and Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and Blue Origin. The Hollywood Legacy Awards will be held on Friday, October 15th and will feature a banquet before the award ceremony. The awards will be presented by the many guest stars of Hollywood Xpo. Recipients to be announced shortly.
Enterprise Blues Band - Friday Night (Approx 10:00pm)
The brainchild of Star Trek veteran Vaughn Armstrong, the Enterprise Blues Band will be performing live at Hollywood Xpo! No solo effort here; Armstrong “strong-armed” fellow Trek vets Gary Graham, Steve Rankin,, and Richard Herd, also with Michael Goodrow & Charlie Becker, to join the band and create a musical collaborative effort! After a year of writing, rehearing, and recording the group’s self-titled debut CD, “Enterprise Blues Band”, a collection of several original songs was released in July 2005.
Stan "the Man" Lee VIP Lunch (Saturday October 16th)
Enjoy a very intimate lunch with the Man himself... an exclusive plated bountiful meal... with comments and stories by Stan that you won't hear anywhere else. This is so rare and its an incredible value.
Monster Bash - Saturday Night (8pm to midnight)
The Monster Bash is a combination of many long-standing con traditions with an added twist! SF buffs remember the days of the “Dead Dog Party” – and convention veterans have long loved costume contests, cosplay, and other “dress up” activities.
On Saturday, October 16, the festivities get underway with a rip-roaring, no-holds-barred costume contest – and we’ve already seen some of the planned costumes; some of them will surely get a “Risa” out of our guests - and then after the contest – starting at 9pm and lasting until midnight (yeah, right), the Boogie Man (or Woman) in each of us gets the chance to cut loose as the music, dancing, and other ancillary activities (pour, simmer, season to your individual taste and serve) gets underway.
It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) that we’ll have prizes, a cash bar, music themed to the occasion, and yes, celebrities a-plenty mixing it up with fans and pros alike. But watch your back… the zombies may be on the loose, and we don’t mean mixed drinks, either! Hey, Halloween is just around the corner – what better way to reach your inner freak! Hosted by veteran actor Jeff Rector and Famous Monsters of Filmland.
Building on the success of past Planet Xpo conventions, our Trek Xpo track is sure to please any Star Trek fan! Trek Xpo wouldn’t be complete without the stars to go along with the Trek! And Trek Xpo delivers with several Star Trek actors appearing on stage to entertain and enlighten in Q&A’s, plus autograph signings, interesting panels, and just plain interacting with the fans. Highlights include:
- A Federation of stars! Over 50 Star Trek celebrities will be joining us at Trek Xpo. See the stars on stage, get and autograph signing and get your photo taken with them! Trek Xpo headlines include: Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Alan Ruck, Tim Russ, Michael Dorn, Cirroc Lofton, Robert Duncan McNeil, John Billingsley, and many more!
Our Scifi Xpo track will immerse you into the world of scifi, fantasy and horror. Not only will Scifi Xpo bring you many of your favorite genre stars, but reunite several of them from many of your favorite TV shows! Several great panels, such as Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis panel will make Scifi Xpo a time to remember! Highlights include:
- Over 30 guests will be a part of Scifi Xpo. Stars such as,Richard Hatch, Stephen Furst, Eric Avari. Michele Scarabelli, Herbert Jefferson Jr., Mark Goddard, June Lockhart, Patricia Tallman, Virginia Hey, Don Marshall, and many more will be on hand for autograph signings and stage appearances.
Our Film & TV Xpo track celebrates the people behind our favorite films and TV shows. Stars like Laraine Newman from SNL's Coneheads to the stars in our Ferris Bueller's Day Off reunion make the Film & TV Xpo and must see event. In recognition of the “working troops”, Film & TV Xpo brings them to the forefront with a number of activities and panels designed to give participants a true feel of what it takes to get our favorite stories from the page to the stage. Highlights include:
- Laraine Newman who played Connie, the Conehead's daughter in the popular Saturday Night Live skits.
- Many other great guests such as Erin Moran from Happy Days, Michael Goodrow from Eight is Enough, Jennifer Rhodes from Charmed, Bob Wall from Enter the Dragon, Jeannie Russell and many more!
- Several panels and workshop about all aspects of film making.
Comic Xpo brings you the universe comics from the actors in Comic inspired TV series, to talented art & comic artists. Comic Xpo is pleased to bring you one of the true masters of comic's, Stan Lee! Comic Xpo is a must for any comic fan. Highlights include:
- Stan Lee, the revolutionary force behind Marvel Comics' Golden Age, will be making a personal appearance for 1 DAY ONLY at Hollywood Xpo, Saturday October 16 2010. Read More...
- Animation Festival with Dahveed Kolodny-Nagy, Steve Sievers & John Earickson. Details coming soon!
- Great artists such as, William Stout and Arne Starr will also be joining us.
- Comic Xpo panels and workshops.
Hollywood Xpo Art Show
The Hollywood Xpo Art Exhibit will be located on the show floor at the Universal Studios Hilton from October 15-17th where our curators will be present to watch all work and make sales for all the artists. Artists will only be charged $25 per 25" x25" space and will be charged no commission from their sales. Artists will also get a free three-day pass to the Hollywood Xpo by being part of the art exhibit ($70 value). Click the link below for an application.
Early (optional) Registration from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Registration opens at 8:00am
Exhibitors Hall: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Open late, until Midnight
Registration opens at 8:00am
Exhibitors Hall: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Open late, until Midnight
Registration opens at 9:00am
Exhibitors Hall: 10:00am to 5:30pm
Open until 5:30pm
... and many, many more!
Building on the success of Planet Xpo’s highly-regarded shows, Hollywood Xpo debuts at the Hilton Universal (right next to Universal Studios in Hollywood), October 15-17, 2010! Hollywood Xpo is an annual multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction, fantasy and horror, comics,literature, art, music, film, TV, and on-line entertainment. Hollywood is “Ground Zero” for pop culture and Hollywood Xpo is your chance to see what it’s all about!
Click Here to read more about Hollywood Xpo!
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
555 Universal Hollywood Dr.
Universal City, California
United States 91608-1001
Hotel Tel: 1-818-506-2500
Hotel Fax: 1-818-509-2058
Hotel parking discounted to $9.00
for all Hollywood Xpo ticket holders.
Burbank Airport (BUR):
Distance from hotel: 6 miles
Los Angeles Airport (LAX):
Distance from hotel: 20 miles
Save Money! Use the Metro. Its super convenient and easy! The Universal Studios stop is just a short walk to the Hilton. You can see the Hotel from the station drop-off.